Date: 3rd January 2023
Day 1 of the series was a great success! Day 2 was looking good with 10-knot winds and 1 metre swell which made for much smoother racing under the clear blue skies. The fleet of 40-plus racing yachts did find it difficult as the winds died down in the afternoon which meant that racing was cut slightly short for the day with the IRC and ORC divisions completing 3 races but the Multihull and Cruising Divisions only getting one passage race. Tomorrow, Wednesday, being a Lay Day (rest day for skippers and crew), is a chance for the competitors to explore and experience the beautiful Gold Coast, and to relax for a day and be prepared for the last two days of racing.
Beautiful conditions for “Sailing In Paradise”
- Breeze for Race 1 was 6-8 knots
- Plenty of action with Skippers and Crew shouting on the Start Line
- Winner of Race 1 Short Marine Black Diamond even though they were called back for starting too early
- 1st Race was a 2 lap windward leeward
- Race 2 was a Race to Surfers Paradise and out to sea returning to Surfers Paradise and finishing off Main with over 40 Yachts giving a show to Gold Coasters with their Spinnakers flying high for all to see!!
A round of applause to all sailors, skippers and crew. Congratulations to all Day 2 winners:
|Get it On
|Get it On
|PHS Division 1
|PHS Division 2
|Jessi Jackson John Brand
Detailed results can be found on this link:https://www.topyacht.net.au/results/2023/sailparadise/