Date 2nd January 2023
The highly anticipated, and Southeast Queensland’s largest regatta QOIN SAIL PARADISE, kicks off today from the Southport Yacht Club. Up to 40 yachts competed along the beautiful Gold Coast in excellent racing conditions. This action-packed premier sailing series runs from the 2nd-6th of January and the courses shall be ‘Round the Cans” or Passage courses.
Well done to all the sailors and crews and Congratulations to all who made it to the top today, 2nd January 2023.
- Over 40 Yachts Racing in Southport Yacht Club’s Qoin Sail Paradise 2023 South East Qld’s largest Sailing Regatta
- Wind speeds 15-19knots
- 2metre swell
- Very Noisy Start with yachts all on the line at the start
- Bumble Bee Line Honours for Cruising Division
- Black Diamond Line Honours for Race 1 & 2
- Coconuts – One of the Catamaran’s took 1 hour and 44 minutes for the Burleigh Extended Course
- Rumba Line Honours 1st Race for Division 2
- Cool Change Line Honours 2nd Race for Division 2
- Spectacular viewing along the Gold Coast’s Shore Line and Beaches from Main Beach to Coolangatta
- 4 Massive Days of Competition Yacht Racing
You can see the boats yourself racing offshore, drop into the Southport Yacht Club or follow the race through SYCGC Tack Tracer: https://tacktracker.com/cloud/regattas/show/1857644752/4
For further details visit https://sailparadise.com.au/